Compute engine –(VM)
Login google account > click home > Compute Engine > VM instances
Click > create
Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)> click change
click> create (instance will created)
Click > SSH (virtual machine connected using console).
- Regions and Zone
- Load Balancer ,Auto scaling
- Instance templates
- Instance Groups
Compute engine machine types:–
A machine type is a set of virtualized hardware resources available to a virtual machine (VM) instance, including the system memory size, virtual CPU (vCPU) count, and persistent disk limits. In Compute Engine, machine types are grouped and curated for different workloads. You can choose from general-purpose machine types, memory-optimized machine types, and compute-optimized machine types Choosing a machine type is required when creating an instance.
Compute engine CPU graphical processing unit
A GPU, or graphics processing unit, is used primarily for 3D applications. It is a single-chip processor that creates lighting effects and transforms objects every time a 3D scene is redrawn. These are mathematically-intensive tasks, which otherwise, would put quite a strain on the CPU.
- You must have GPU quota before you can create instances with GPUs.
- Instance with one or more GPUs have a maximum number of CPU for each GPU that you attach to the instance.
- You cannot attach GPU to instance with shared-core machine type
- GPU instances cannot live migrate.
- GPU require device driver in order to function properly. You can use any driver that you like, but you must ensure that these drivers are installed and configured properly.
GCE : DISKs (compute engin – disk and VM storage ):—
Three types of disks:—
Upto 680k read and 360k write